Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Quick update and pics from lunch

Wanted to send a quick note (it's 5:30 pm here) that today seems to be doing much better.... so hopefully I can start/keep managing my schedule and priorities more pro-actively to not work myself up into a stressed out tizzy!  Anyway, there seems to be interest in what I eat over here, so here are a few more pics from lunch.  We always start with watered down buttermilk (yup, that's what I said!) with some herbs in it.  My colleagues drink it like a shot, but I have to take smaller sips.  It's supposedly good for digestion.  You know, "when in Rome....".  Then, I have a pic of what my colleague Rohit ate.  I had it the other day. No idea what it's called, but you get a bunch of bowls of various dips, stews and soupy-type things then a few different kinds of bread/crunchy bread/rice that you use for dipping.  I seriously don't know what I'm eating half the time!  Then I have a pic of the two dosas that another colleague and I split/shared today.  One was filled with spicy potatoes and the other with various vegetables (cauliflower, beans, carrots, etc).  It was the first time the restaurant had this "Veg Dosa" (things are often just referred to here as "Veg" (for "vegetarian") or "Non-Veg" (for meat) and it was delicious.  You can see my colleagues hand in the background as he's dipping the dosa to get ready to eat it.
OK, I'm off to try and be productive again.  Have a good morning/day/evening!
The potato dosa (front) and "veg" dosa (rear, being dipped)

Here's the watered down buttermilk (it comes free with lunch, but if you want thicker stuff you can pay for it)
Rohit's lunch with the bready things, rice, dips, etc

7 comments:

  1. Sherri, keep the posts coming. I'm enjoying reading about your experiences! Don't burn yourself out!!! Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laurie! I won't. I had some good coaching from a few friends on prioritizing and just letting go of the non-urgent, non-important stuff so I'm trying to put their advice into practice. I'll be heading to Agra (4-6 hour trip) tomorrow to see the Taj Mahal on Saturday morning so I hope to have some great stuff to share with everyone after that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Szia Brilci,

    I LOVE reading your posts!
    Keep up the good work :)

    Love, Hunor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Szia Hunci! Thanks! I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sheri, great blog, love to read your posts :)

    Tibi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks Tibi! Good to hear from you. Did you see my post on FB (I think so, but wanted to double check) that I got to see Soja Kata here in India? Isn't that crazy/cool???

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I saw and I got the pic that Kata sent me. :)

      Delete